Sunday 7 August 2011

First Card for Cupcake Craftroom DT

Good Afternoon Everyone

How is your weekend going?  I am suffering a little bit today, all self inflicted though!  I went to a surprise 40th birthday party last night, which was great and saw some friends I hadn't seen for a while.  I am however suffering this morning, a tad too many white wines and champagne!  So I am having a nice, quiet, relaxing day in my craft room!  

Onto my project today, this is my first project for the Cupcake Craftroom Challenge blog.  The challenge this month is "Soft and Sweet". So anything with a sweet theme, sweet image, sweet sentiment, or "sweet" theme and to match with softly coloured papers, soft ribbons, soft flowers.

The winner will receive the "soft and sweet" brand new paper collection:

These papers are just so pretty.  Here is my card:




I decided to go with one of my favourite colour combinations of green and pink.  I used the Pretty Rose Flowers and Soft Green Leaves from the paper pack and teamed it with some Bo Bunny Dots cardstock.  

The image is CC Designs Sugarplums Spring Emma and I used the CC Designs Sugarplum Stump to sit her on.  I bought both of these from All That Scraps who have some very cool images.  I made the felt flowers and felt grass from my Die-namics Flower and Leaf Trio and Grass which I bought from Dies to Die For.  The felt is from Ladybug Crafts Ink, Kerry has some new colours in her store so go and check them out, I am off there after I do this!

I really can't colour hair, I have watched so many great tutorials but I still struggle.  I really need to sit down for the day and do nothing but colour hair, maybe I will do that soon. 

Anyway, had better get on, have some more DT projects to finish!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Love 
Pami x

I would like to enter into the following challenges:

Card Ingredients
Paper/Card - Cupcake Craftroom - Soft Whispers Paper Pack - Flowers Pretty Rose, Leaves Soft Green; 
Pink Bo Bunny Dots
Image/Stamps - CC Designs Sugarplums Spring Emma; CC Designs Sugarplums Stump from All That Scraps
Colouring Mediums - Copic Ciaos - Stump - E47, E49; Toadstools - E51, E53, RV13; Grass - G82, G85; Hair - E37, E50, E51, RV14, E59; Skin - E000, E00, E21; Clothing - G82, G85, RV02, RV000
Die Cuts/Punches - Die-namics Flower and Leaf Trio; Die-namics Grass Die from Dies to Die For; 
Other - Felt from Ladybug Crafts Ink; Pearls from stash; Glitter from stash

19 comments:

  1. Lovely, sweet image, love the colouring too! The felt flowers and grass are fab.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet clean card!! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet image and love all the detail. Also love all your deco on the inside.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Pami. It's definitely soft and sweet. Love that little image - she's adorable and your coloring looks fabulous. The felt grass and flowers look amazing - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colour combo, and an adorable image,het hair looks so shiney, lovely colouring. love the little mushrooms and fab papers.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful and very sweet creation!

    love your colouring!

    don't we bloggers have a lot of fun in posting back and forth? *LOL*

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Pam.. Congratulations ..and what a fab card for your first DT make its so pretty. wonderful papers and i love the felt grass lol
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's by design this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pami. Forgot to thank you for playing over at Pollycraft this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pam this is gorgeous! So soft and pretty and you certainly can colour hair there is nothing wrong with that!
    Big huge congrats on your new DT post you so deserve it!

    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pami
    Beautiful card! inside & outside, cute image, great colouring... Great Job!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Pam, the colours are beautiful and I love the grass :-D Congrats on your new DT post!! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gorgeous, beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just so pretty teamie! Great take on the sketch (thx for joining us at PC!) and that felt grass is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute image and great colouring! Hope your head is feeling a bit better today!! THanks for joining us on Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pami, this is so sweet. I love how you colored the hair - I have tried that and I just can't get it!! Love the added felt. So very darling. Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, this is so cute! I love the color scheme you've used...such a happy card! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What sweet colors and I really like the 3D grass at the bottom. Thank you for joining the ATS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Love the layout and coloring.
    Thank You so very much for taking part in our Challenge at All That Scraps!
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE THE FELT GRASS!!! That is flabulous and I will definitely be adding that die to my collection :-D Gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely messages, I enjoy reading every one of them! Pami x